product description page
Introduction to Emergency Management (Paperback) (George D. Haddow & Jane A. Bullock & Damon P. Coppola)
About this item
Introduction to Emergency Management, Sixth Edition, not only sets the standard for excellence in the field, but has also educated a generation of emergency managers. Haddow, Bullock, and Coppola return for the sixth edition with an emphasis on climate change as a major hazard.
An all-new chapter on technology will get students up-to-speed quickly on the latest advances in the field. The book is fully updated throughout with new regulations, workflows, and new case studies that will keep students current with the latest in best practices, thus preparing them for the challenges of a career in emergency management.
- Includes a new chapter on technology and emergency management
- Emphasizes climate change as a key hazard faced by disaster managers
- Covers social media as a critical tool in emergency management
- Fully updated, with the latest regulations and workflows
- Contains examples and case studies throughout
- Updated ancillaries keep course instruction fresh