product description page
Introduction to Logic (Paperback) (Harry J. Gensler)
About this item
Introduction to Logic is clear and concise, uses interesting examples (many philosophical in nature), and has easy-to-use proof methods. Its key features, retained in this Third Edition, include:
- simpler ways to test arguments, including an innovative proof method and the star test for syllogisms;
- a wide scope of materials, suiting it for introductory or intermediate courses;
- engaging examples, from philosophy and everyday life;
- useful for self-study and preparation for standardized tests, like the LSAT;
- a reasonable price (a third the cost of some competitors); and
- exercises that correspond to the free LogiCola instructional program.
This Third Edition:
- improves explanations, especially on areas that students find difficu
- has a fuller explanation of traditional Copi proofs and of truth trees; and
- updates the companion LogiCola software, which now is touch friendly (for use on Windows tablets and touch monitors), installs more easily on Windows and Macintosh, and adds exercises on Copi proofs and on truth trees. You can still install LogiCola for free (from http://www.harryhiker.com/lc or http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/XXXXXXXXXX).
Number of Pages: 414
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Author: Harry J. Gensler
Street Date: January 20, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-36-3604
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.