product description page
Introduction to Satellite Remote Sensing : Atmosphere, Ocean, Land and Cryosphere Applications
about this item
Introduction to Satellite Remote Sensing: Atmosphere, Ocean and Land Applications is the first reference book to cover ocean applications, atmospheric applications, and land applications of remote sensing.
Applications of remote sensing data are finding increasing application in fields as diverse as wildlife ecology and coastal recreation management. The technology engages electromagnetic sensors to measure and monitor changes in the earth’s surface and atmosphere.
The book opens with an introduction to the history of remote sensing, starting from when the phrase was first coined. It goes on to discuss the basic concepts of the various systems, including atmospheric and ocean, then closes with a detailed section on land applications.
Due to the cross disciplinary nature of the authors’ experience and the content covered, this is a must have reference book for all practitioners and students requiring an introduction to the field of remote sensing.
- Provides study questions at the end of each chapter to aid learning
- Covers all satellite remote sensing technologies, allowing readers to use the text as instructional material
- Includes the most recent technologies and their applications, allowing the reader to stay up-to-date
- Delves into laser sensing (LIDAR) and commercial satellites (DigitalGlobe)
- Presents examples of specific satellite missions, including those in which new technology has been introduced