product description page
iOS 10 Programming Fundamentals with Swift : Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics (Paperback) (Matt Neuburg)
about this item
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 8 IDE, the Cocoa Touch framework, and Swift 3.0—the latest version of Apple's acclaimed programming language. With this thoroughly updated guide, you'll learn Swift’s object-oriented concepts, understand how to use Apple's development tools, and discover how Cocoa provides the underlying functionality iOS apps need to have.
- Explore Swift’s object-oriented concepts: variables and functions, scopes and namespaces, object types and instances
- Become familiar with built-in Swift types such as numbers, strings, ranges, tuples, Optionals, arrays, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn how to declare, instantiate, and customize Swift object types—enums, structs, and classes
- Discover powerful Swift features such as protocols and generics
- Catch up on Swift 3.0’s innovations and changes
- Tour the lifecycle of an Xcode project from inception to App Store
- Create app interfaces with nibs and the nib editor, Interface Builder
- Understand Cocoa’s event-driven model and its major design patterns and features
- Find out how Swift communicates with Cocoa’s C and Objective-C APIs
Once you master the fundamentals, you'll be ready to tackle the details of iOS app development with author Matt Neuburg's companion guide, Programming iOS 10.