product description page
Is This Any Way to Run a Democratic Election? (Hardcover) (Stephen J. Wayne)
About this item
The 2016 elections are over, but the debate over the fairness and accuracy of our electoral process has never been more contentious. Hacking, fake news, a 'rigged system,' voter ID challenges, Super PACs, and an Electoral College defying the popular vote count all lead to a common question and concern: Is this any way to run a democratic election?
New to the Sixth Edition
- New data and timely illustrations from the 2016 elections.
- Social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) and their impact.
- Fake news vs. more objective and traditional election news coverage.
- Election integrity in the face of hacking, rumoring, and instantaneous news.
- Money—the role of Super PACs and billionaire donors as well as candidates.
- Updates and refinements to pedagogical features including chapter introductions, end of chapter exercises, and online references in the suggested readings.