product description page
Islamism : A New Totalitarianism - by Mehdi Mozaffari (Paperback)
about this item
What exactly is Islamism? And what explains its violent expansion in recent decades? Why are Islamists so determined to change the world order? Are there similarities between Islamism and classical totalitarian regimes and ideologies? Will it fail, as those regimes did in ****** Germany and the Soviet Union—or can it adapt effectively to changing realities? What are the fundamental strengths and weaknesses of the Islamic project?CONTENTS:
- Why Is the Study of Islamism Important?
- Ideological Roots of Islamism.
- The Rise and Evolution of Islamism in Light of European Totalitarianism.
- Shia Radicalization.
- Globalization and the Revival of Islamic Civilization.
- Islamism and Freedom of Expression.
- Islamism and the Problematic of "Amity" and "Enmity."
- Islamism and World Order.
- Islamism: A New Totalitarianism.
Number of Pages: 345.0
Genre: Political Science
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Pub
Author: Mehdi Mozaffari
Street Date: April 19, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-45-5507