About this item
Inside Java SE 9 shows experienced programmers exactly how to take full advantage of the highly anticipated new features in Java SE 9. Featuring sample code that reflects real-world use cases, this practical book by JavaOne Rockstar Monica Beckwith explains the key features and functions of Java SE 9 and demonstrates the benefits of utilizing them.
Beckwith shows how Java’s new module system (“Project Jigsaw”) enables working developers to build scalable solutions that are more secure and maintainable; and deliver exceptional performance. She reviews Java SE 9 changes in areas ranging from data types to performance optimizations; showing how to make the most of Java’s new tools and facilities. For example, you’ll learn how to:
- Create microbenchmarks using the microbenchmarking harness
- Create a modular jar
- Take advantage of Java’s new logging interface
- Take full advantage of the new default GC (garbage collection)
- Use sjavac, segmented code caches, and contended object monitors
- Create, compile and profile simple applications using the Netbeans IDE, and Oracle Developer Studio Performance Analyzer And much more
If you’re moving to Java SE 9 -- or want to know why you should -- Inside Java SE 9 is the book you’ve been waiting for.