product description page
Job Readiness for Health Professionals : Soft Skills Strategies for Success (Paperback)
about this item
Get an edge in the job market and develop the soft skills - the personal qualities, habits, attitudes, and social graces needed to work successfully with anyone, anywhere.Job Readiness for Health Professionals, Soft Skills Strategies for Success, 2nd Edition provides a unique tool for soft skill programming to help graduates succeed on the job as effective, engaged, and high-functioning employees. This handy resource uses an 8th grade reading level and a consistent, easy-to-follow modular format to guide you through the essential entry-level soft skills like how to dress, speak, and collaborate in the healthcare setting. With two new chapters, newVideo Case vignettes, and 48 soft skills and behavioral competencies, it gives you the tools you need to join the healthcare workforce.
- Behavioral objectives provided for mastering each skill.
- Worktext format with journaling activities and multiple self-reflection activities offers valuable review exercises.
- Critical thinking exercises woven throughout skills include multidisciplinary scenarios from the field.
- What If? boxes feature short scenarios that encourage you to think about how you would handle a situation in the workplace.
- Case studies throughout use fictional vignettes to illustrate the issues involved with the specific skills.
- Down a Dark Road vignettes depict what can go terribly wrong when a skill is ignored or not mastered.
- Experiential Exercises are actions or experiments that you can perform on your own to gain a deeper appreciation for the skill.
- Cross Currents with Other Skills ties together and cross-references related skills, pointing out the synergies and connections between them.
- NEW! Highly anticipated Finding Your First Job chapter highlights competencies that you need to consider and prepare for when starting your job search, beginning a career in the health professions, writing your resume, and interviewing.
- NEW! Video Case vignettes with assessment and implementation tools on interview skills, active listening, dealing with others, problem solving and decision making, communication, presenting yourself for the workforce, working as a team, dealing with authority, and enhancing your promotability provide a multimedia component with real-life workplace scenarios for your review.
- NEW! Being a Student chapter covers competencies where students often struggle, including: taking meaningful notes, remaining calm and confident during assessments, and successfully preparing for practicum interviews.
- NEW! New content on financial literacy, including managing finances and paying back students loans, covers the impact financial decisions have on you