product description page
Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing (Paperback) (Nancy Berryman, Ph.D. Reese)
About this item
Learn the best ways to accurately measure range of motion and muscle length with this thoroughly updated new edition. Logically organized and easy to follow, this practical text provides accurate and up-to-date information on norms for range of motion in all age groups, as well as the reliability and validity of each technique. The techniques detail measurement of both joint range of motion and muscle length testing of the spine and extremities using the goniometer, the inclinometer, and the tape measure. An effective combination of instructions, illustrations, and layout for each technique allows you to easily understand and follow the information provided. In addition, a new DVD demonstrates each measurement technique contained in the book!
- Each chapter uses the same format for each technique, allowing you to quickly and easily identify the information you need.
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations clearly depict the various techniques and landmarks.
- Evidence-based information throughout includes the latest data on ROM normative values and reliability /validity studies.
- Figures have easy-to-find dots that serve as anatomical markers, providing a fast visual reference for exactly where to place the measuring device.
- Complete coverage of the tape measure, goniometer, and inclinometer prepare you to use any tool in the clinical setting.
- The companion DVD contains video clips demonstrating over 100 measurement techniques.
- A new chapter on infants and children covers specific techniques used in measuring range of motion in children, with a particular emphasis on the measurement of joint motion in infants.
- 70 new line drawings help you align the goniometer or other tools accurately.
- Increased coverage of techniques for measuring the motions of the extremities using the inclinometer.
- Reorganized and updated information in each chapter incorporates the latest references and testing techniques, and includes descriptions of the arthrokinematics and functional range-of-motion requirements for each joint.
Number of Pages: 569
Sub-Genre: Allied Health Services / Physical Therapy
Publisher: Elsevier Science Health Science
Author: Nancy Berryman, Ph.D. Reese
Street Date: May 25, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-6791