product description page
Jumpstart! Study Skills : Games and Activities for Active Learning, Ages 7-12 (Hardcover) (John Foster)
About this item
Jumpstart! Study Skills presents a collection of engaging and simple-to-use games and activities that will jumpstart students’ understanding of working independently and as part of a group and how to develop the study skills necessary to succeed at school.
Providing teachers with a range of practical ideas and strategies to promote active learning in Key Stage 2, the activities in this book will help students to:
- create plans for investigations and assignments;
- improve their organisational skills: time management and teamwork;
- collect data using methods such as observations, surveys and interviews;
- develop their reading and notetaking skills;
- engage in meaningful discussions and develop their talk skills;
- advance their computer skills to sift and record data;
- create strategies for revising and preparing for tests;
- analyse data and draw conclusions;
- improve their ability to write reports;
- evaluate their own achievements and identify future targets.
Jumpstart! Study Skills is an essential classroom resource that will encourage children’s development and help teachers to deliver effective lessons that promote active learning in Key Stage 2.