product description page
Keep Your Brain Stronger for Longer : 201 Brain Exercises for People With Mild Cognitive Impairment
About this item
Start Exercising Your Brain Now: 201 Word and Number Exercises to Challenge Your Memory, Reasoning, Visual-Spatial Skills, Vocabulary, and More!Keep your brain active, even with MCI. For adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment, brain exercises are the best way to stay sharp and delay the onset of dementia. That’s why cognitive specialist Dr. Tonia Vojtkofsky tailored this fun workbook specifically for people with MCI. It’s the first of its kind!
- Find a word that meets the definition and contains the letters “CAN”
- Truthful; straightforward; frank
- A brown nut with an edible kernel
- A cylinder black of wax with a wick
- Pick the one statement that is correct:UWYVX
- V is right of X.
- W is right of V.
- V is between U and Y.
- Y is right of W.
- Find and complete the pattern:
- 5, 8, 12, 17, 23, _____, _____, _____, _____.
- 14, 56, 224, 896, _____, _____, _____, _____.
- 5, 15, 30, 90, 180 _____, _____, _____, _____.
According to research by the Mayo Clinic, about 7 percent of adults between ages 70 and 89 develop Mild Cognitive Impairment every year. Characterized by memory loss and decreased ability to learn, MCI is a strong predictor of Alzheimer?s disease and related dementias. But it is never too late?or too early?to take action against cognitive decline?including exercising the brain to keep it stronger for longer. Now Dr. Tonia Vojtkofsky, a sought-after specialist on MCI and Alzheimer?s, presents 201 word and number exercises optimized for people with MCI?challenging, but still do-able:
- Complete-the-word puzzles and searches
- Logic problems and sequencing puzzles
- Discover-the-pattern exercises, and much more.
Number of Pages: 281
Genre: Self Improvement, Health + Wellness
Publisher: Workman Pub Co
Author: Tonia Vojtkofsky
Street Date: July 28, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 247-42-3298