product description page
Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System : Foundations for Rehabilitation (Hardcover) (Ph.D. Donald A.
About this item
With its focus on the normal and abnormal mechanical interactions between the muscles and joints of the body, Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition provides a foundation for the practice of physical rehabilitation. This comprehensive, research-based core text presents kinesiology as it relates to physical rehabilitation in a clinically relevant and accessible manner. It provides students and clinicians with the language of human movement - and acts as a bridge between basic science and clinical management. Full-color anatomic and kinesiologic illustrations clearly demonstrate the anatomy, functional movement, and biomechanical principles underlying movement; and dynamic new video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- More than 900 high-quality illustrations provide you with the visual accompaniments you need to comprehend the material.
- Clinical Connections boxes at the end of each chapter in Sections II through IV highlight or expand upon a particular clinical concept associated with the kinesiology covered in the chapter.
- Special Focus boxes interspersed throughout the text provide numerous clinical examples that demonstrate why kinesiologic information is needed.
- Critical thinking questions challenge you to review or reinforce the main concepts contained within each chapter.
- Evidence-based approach emphasizes the importance of research in physical therapy decision-making.
- Evolve site for students comes with video clips, answers to study questions, and references linked to Medline.
- Evolve site for instructors includes an image collection from the text, teaching tips, and lab activities.
- NEW! Kinesiology of Running chapter covers the biomechanics of running.
- NEW! Video clips and animations help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- NEW! All-new content on the pelvic floor.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated references emphasize the evidence-based presentation of information in the text.
- NEW!QR codes linked to videos for easy viewing on mobile devices.
- NEW! Pageburst enhanced edition allows you to access multimedia content from the eBook without going to another website.