product description page
Kinn's the Clinical Medical Assistant : An Applied Learning Approach: 60th Anniversary (Paperback)
about this item
Clinical Medical Assisting begins with Kinn! Elsevier's Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant, 13th Edition provides you with the real-world clinical skills that are essential to working in the modern medical office. An applied learning approach to the MA curriculum is threaded throughout each chapter to help you further develop the tactile and critical thinking skills necessary to assist with medications, diagnostic procedures, and surgeries. Paired with our adaptive solutions, real-world simulations, EHR documentation and HESI remediation and assessment, you will learn the leading skills of modern clinical medical assisting in the classroom!
- Applied approach to learning helps you use what you've learned in the clinical setting.
- Clinical procedures integrated into the TOC provide you with a quick reference.
- Detailed learning objectives and vocabulary with definitions highlight what's important in each chapter.
- Step-by-step procedures explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Rationales for each procedure clarify the need for each step and explains why it's being performed.
- Critical thinking applications test your understanding of the content.
- Patient education and legal and ethical issues are described in relation to the clinical Medical Assistant's job.
- Threaded case scenarios help you apply concepts to realistic clinical situations.
- Portfolio builder helps you demonstrate clinical proficiency to potential employers.
- NEW! Chapter on The Health Record reviews how you will maintain and interact with the medical record.
- NEW! Chapter on Competency-Based Education helps you confidently prepare for today's competitive job market.
- NEW! Clinical procedure videos help you to visualize and review key procedures.