about this item
L2 Spanish Pragmatics is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview of current research into pragmatics and Spanish language teaching.
It presents the research on the teaching of pragmatics and Spanish language as a multifaceted discipline. Written by an international cohort of scholars, the breadth of topics includes innovative topics in the teaching of Spanish, such as genre analysis, discourse markers, politeness and impoliteness, nonverbal communication, irony, and humor, as well as web-based pragmatics resources.
- An overview of new trends in Spanish pragmatics research and the growing need for instruction in intercultural communication;
- Insights derived from important theoretical and empirical works that may contribute to integrate pragmatics in the teaching of the language;
- Explanations with great clarity, plenty of examples and references, as well as connections to language teaching and learning;
- Tasks and activities that can help teachers move from a traditional curricular approach to a more innovative and engaging one;
- Descriptions of numerous activities or guidelines for the classroom, supplemented with additional materials;
- A bilingual glossary of terms in pragmatics that will help teachers in their implementation of activities to teach L2 Spanish pragmatics.
L2 Spanish Pragmatics constitutes a reference book on current research on learning and teaching Spanish pragmatics. It will be of interest to university lecturers, researchers, and graduate students. It will also be an excellent resource for language educators and K-16 teachers willing to expand their knowledge and apply the teaching of pragmatics as an integral component in the teaching of the Spanish language.