product description page
Lacquer Chemistry and Applications (Hardcover) (Rong Lu & Tetsuo Miyakoshi)
about this item
Lacquer Chemistry and Applications explores the topic of lacquer, the only natural product polymerized by an enzyme that has been used for a coating material in Asian countries for thousands of years.
Although the human-lacquer-culture, including cultivation of the lacquer tree, harvesting, and the use of lacquer sap, has a long history of more than thousand years, there is very little information available on the modern scientific methods to study lacquer chemistry.
This book, based on the results of the authors' 30 years of research on lacquer chemistry, offers lacquer researchers a unique reference on the science and applications of this extremely important material.
- Covers the chemistry and properties of lacquer, including synthesis of its various components
- Provides up-to-date analytical techniques for lacquer identification and characterization
- Discusses possible toxicity effects
- Outlines new modification techniques for developing higher performance material
- Presents the history of this versatile coating material that has evolved from its origins in Asian countries over thousands of years