About this item
See how to best design and develop Android apps with security in mind: explore concepts that you can use to secure apps and how you can use and incorporate these security features into your apps.
New additions to Android Apps Security, Second Edition include the following:
- Rooting Android devices – How to jailbreak/root an android device. Benefits and pitfalls of doing so.
- Hacking apps – How apps can be extracted, reverse engineered, modified and put back. How games can be hacked.
- Enterprise security – Samsung KNOX platform, Silent Circle and GSMK Cryptophone. Layering security to make attacks impossible
- How to make obfuscation more effective; some notes on commercial decompilers
This book will provide you with the information you need to design useful, high-performing, and secure apps that expose end-users to as little risk as possible.
What you’ll learn
- How to identify data that should be secured
- How to use the Android APIs to ensure confidentiality and integrity of data
- How to build secure apps for the enterprise
- About Public Key Infrastructure, encryption APIs and how to implement them in apps
- About owners, access control lists and permissions to allow user control over App properties
- About clie
Who this book is forThis book is for intermediate and experienced Android app developers that are already familiar with writing apps from scratch. It discusses mechanisms on how apps can be secured so that private, end-user data is kept secure on the device and while in transit. If you’re just embarking on the path to Android development, then this book may prove to be a useful companion to other developer guides.