about this item
Dr Zhong has invented a new and fun way to learn how to pronounce all Chinese characters without using any alien phonetic symbols such as pinyin.
Using conversations, proverbs, songs and stories as examples, Dr Zhong also demonstrates how easily to master the 37 Chinese characters used as the phonetic notation in this book while providing a practical learning strategy to satisfy your individual learning need.
Drawing from his own experiences in teaching and speaking bilingually, Dr Zhong makes learning this popular but complex language much easier than using conventional methods and allows the learner to independently explore the intrinsic harmony of the Chinese language.
• A breakthrough in teaching and learning the Chinese language.
• With only 37 commonly used Chinese characters, you can easily work out the pronunciation of any Chinese character.
• You will be able to learn both the pronunciation and the meaning of Chinese words at the same time by focusing on written Chinese.
• It is revealed that every Chinese character is phonetically related to other characters, allowing direct trial-and-error learning.
• A truly generative learning method to master Chinese independently.
• The character-based phonetic notation is as natural as the phonetic indicators originally used to create the majority of Chinese characters.
• For the first time, a practical learning strategy will enable you to plan which Chinese characters should be studied at any stage.
• By using the 2,500 commonly used characters selected in this book, you will be able to read aloud and understand over 98% of the content in Chinese publications.
• A self-sufficient handbook for all you need to master the Chinese language.