product description page
Learning to Love Data Science : Explorations of Emerging Technologies and Platforms for Predictive
about this item
From IT to advanced analtyics, and from data for social good to data for predictive maintenance, this anthology of reports gives a broad overview of the data space—including the applications that have cropped up in enterprise companies, non-profits, and everywhere in between.
Author Mike Barlow discusses the culture that creates a data-driven organization and dives deep into some of the business, social, and technological advances brought about by our ability to handle and process massive amounts of data at scale.
With this anthology, business decision makers and developers will:
- Understand how to promote and use data science in an organization
- Learn how the rise of data has changed the roles of CIOs and IT departments
- Get an overview of data visualization and real-time analytics
- Dive into the world of the Internet of Things
- Understand how data can help determine when to maintain systems before they break
- Explore the tension around both securing data and encouraging rapid innovation
Mike Barlow is an award-winning journalist, author, and communications strategy consultant.