product description page
Learning to Teach Religious Education in the Secondary School : A Companion to School Experience
About this item
The third edition of Learning to Teach Religious Education in the Secondary School draws together insights from current educational theory and the best contemporary classroom teaching and learning, and suggests tasks, activities and further reading designed to enhance the quality of initial school experience for the student teacher. This third edition has all new content and contributors, which take account of recent developments in the subject.
Key themes addressed include:
- the aims and place of religious education in the curriculum;
- recent policy developments;
- developing lesson plans and schemes of work;
- the role of language and talk in religious education;
- spirituality and spiritual development;
- assessment in religious education;
- religious education at both Key Stage 4 and at A Level;
- religion education in relation to moral education;
- the role of computers;
- professional development.
Learning to Teach Religious Education in the Secondary School is designed to provide student teachers with a comprehensive and accessible introduction to teaching Religious Education in the secondary school.