product description page
London Maritime Arbitration (Hardcover) (Clare Ambrose & Karen Maxwell & Michael Collett)
About this item
Now in its fourth edition, this book provides detailed and practical guidance on how London Maritime Arbitration works in practice, against the background of English arbitration law and the Arbitration Act 1996.
This unique title is the only book on the market that offers a practical focus on maritime disputes, while also providing a clear exposition of general principles of English arbitration law, with discussion and analysis of applicable legislation and case law. Arbitration practitioners will find everything that they need in one comprehensive book.
New to this edition:
- Guidance on the new LMAA Terms 2017 against the background of English arbitration law, including the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Fully updated case law and analysis of legal developments, including Brexit.
- Comparative references to ad hoc and LCIA arbitration.
- New section on salvage arbitration, Brexit, third party funding.
- Summaries comparing alternative jurisdictions including Singapore, Hong Kong, Hamburg and New York
This book will be invaluable to maritime arbitration practitioners both in private practice and in-house, as well as maritime professionals, such as those working at P&I Clubs, brokers, ship owners, managers and charterers; and more generally to anybody concerned with London arbitration.