About this item
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Soak in the view from the summit of Table Mountain, take a boat to Robben Island for an insight into the country’s history, and explore the beaches, forests and verdant mountains along the majestic Garden Route – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Cape Town and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers City Bowl, Foreshore, Bo-Kaap & De Waterkant, East City, District Six, Woodstock & Observatory Gardens & Surrounds, Green Point & Waterfront, Sea Point to Hout Bay, Southern Suburbs, Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula, Cape Flats & Northern Suburbs, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Robertson, Hermanus, Stanford, Darling, Langebaan, The Garden Route
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route is our most comprehensive guide to Cape Town, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Travelling further afield? Check out Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland for a comprehensive look at what all these southern African countries have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times