product description page
Lonely Planet Chicago (Paperback) (Karla Zimmerman)
about this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely PlanetChicagois your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire Chicago's architecture on a river tour; visit the Art Institute of Chicago, or see a show at one of the city's 200 theaters; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Chicago and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetChicago:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, architecture, sports, cuisine, music, arts, cinema, literature
- Free, convenient pull-outChicago map (included in print version), plus over 40 color maps
- Covers The Loop, Near North, Gold Coast, Old Town, Boystown, Wrigleyville, Andersonville, Uptown, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Ukrainian Village, Logan Square, Humboldt Park, West Loop, Pilsen, South Side, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetChicago, our most comprehensive guide to Chicago, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Chicago? Check out PocketChicago, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times