product description page
Lonely Planet Costa Rica (Paperback) (Mara Vorhees & Ashley Harrell & Anna Kaminski)
About this item
#1 best-selling guide to Costa Rica*
Lonely PlanetCosta Ricais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Snorkel the teeming reefs off Manzanillo, explore some of the globe's best wildlife-watching destinations, or dig into Costa Rican culture and cuisine in San Jose; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Costa Rica:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - cuisine, customs, history, landscapes & ecology, wildlife, surfing, cloud forests, politics
- Over 50 color maps
- Covers San Jose, Central Valley, Highlands, Northwestern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Nicoya, Central Pacific Coast, Southern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Osa, Golfo Duce, Carribean Coast, Northern Lowlands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetCosta Rica, our most comprehensive guide to Costa Rica, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Costa Rica's highlights? Check out Lonely PlanetDiscoverCosta Rica, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely PlanetCentral America on a Shoestringguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Costa Rica. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA