product description page
Lonely Planet Eastern USA (Paperback) (Karla Zimmerman & Amy C. Balfour & Adam Karlin & Zora O'Neill &
about this item
#1 best-selling guide to Eastern USA
Lonely Planet Eastern USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hail a yellow cab in New York City, take in some honky-tonk in Nashville, or laze in the dunes of Cape Cod; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Eastern USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Eastern USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, road trips and scenic drives, outdoor activities, wildlife, cuisine and wine
- Over 50 color maps
- Covers New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New England, Washington DC, New Orleans, Florida, the Great Lakes, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Eastern USA, our most comprehensive guide to Eastern USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, Washington DC, or Boston? Check out Lonely Planet'sNew York City guide, Washington, DCguide,or Boston guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; or Lonely Planet'sPocket guides to these cities which are handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick city visit.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet'sUSAguide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Best of USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in whi