About this item
Ice trekking in Argentina. Salsa dancing in Cuba. Road-tripping the USA. We present 60 of the most exciting travel experiences across North, Central and South America, from adrenaline-pumping thrills and breathtaking natural wonders to cultural icons, wildlife watching and romantic getaways.
With Lonely Planet’s Explore the Americas, you’ll discover great escapes, thrilling adventures, voyages of discovery and man-made and natural wonders stretching all the way from Canada to Argentina. Let Lonely Planet be your guide for exploring this beautiful and vibrant part of the world – and be inspired to plan your next or first adventure to the Americas.
- Cycle Prince Edward Island
- Find an island idyll in the Great Bear Rainforest
- Watch orcas from a kayak in British Columbia
- Journey through Mark Twain’s USA
- Cruise the Mississippi to New Orleans
- Trace the life of Amelia Earhart
- Mountain bike Moab’s Slickrock Trail
- Hear mountain music in the Appalachians
- Hike the rainforests of St Lucia
- Live like James Bond in Jamaica
- Make like a pirate in Nassau
Mexico & Central America:
- Climb volcanoes in Nicaragua
- Plunge into the caves of Belize
- Let the kids go wild in Costa Rica
- Cruise Argentina’s Patagonian Highway
- Escape to Ecuador’s cloud forest
- Drift down the Amazon river
- Motorbike Che Guevara’s diaries
- Enter the lost world of Mount Roraima
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.