About this item
#1 best-selling guide to Finland*
Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike through forests and fells, spectacular gorges and ravines, fizz over the snow behind a team of huskies on an overnight dog-sled safari, then change the pace with chic shopping at Helsinki's cutting-edge design stores; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Finland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - SÃ¡mi society & traditions, Finnish lifestyle & culture, history, design, literature, music, painting, sculpture, food & drink, outdoor activities
- Over 50 maps
- Covers Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Aland Archipelago, Tampere & Hame, The Lakeland, Karelia, West Coast, Oulu, Kainuu & Koilllismaa, Lapland and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Finland our most comprehensive guide to Finland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scandinavia guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Andy Symington, Catherin le Nevez.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Finland. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA