About this item
#1 best-selling guide to Guatemala*
Lonely PlanetGuatemalais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore markets and museums in Antigua, get down with the Garifuna people, or touch the sky on Central America's highest peak; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Guatemala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Guatemala:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - cuisine, ancient ruins, history, Maya heritage, arts, architecture, politics, land, wildlife
- Over 45 maps
- Covers Guatemala City, Antigua, The Highlands, The Pacific Slope, Central Guatemala, Eastern Guatemala, El Peten and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetGuatemala, our most comprehensive guide to Guatemala, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely PlanetCentral America on a Shoestring.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.*Best-selling guide to Guatemala. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA