product description page
Lonely Planet Jordan (Paperback) (Jenny Walker & Paul Clammer)
about this item
#1 best-selling guide to Jordan*
Lonely Planet Jordan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the ancient city of Petra, experience life in the desert wilderness at a Bedouin camp and float in the Dead Sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Jordan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Jordan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - archaeology, Biblical sites, people, society, traditional crafts, cuisine, etiquette, landscapes, wildlife.
- Over 44maps
- Covers Ammam, Jerash, Irbid, Jordan Valley, Dead Sea, Madaba, Mt Nebo, Wadi Mujib, Petra, Wadi Musa, Aqaba, Wadi Rum, Desert Highway, Azraq and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Jordan, our most comprehensive guide to Jordan, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Middle East guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Jenny Walker and Paul Clammer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Jordan. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2014-January 2015