product description page
Lonely Planet New Orleans (Paperback) (Amy C. Balfour & Adam Karlin)
about this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Orleansis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. March with a brass band through the French Quarter, eat everything from jambalaya to beignets, or take a walking tour past the Garden District's plantation-style mansions; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Orleans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New Orleans Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, environment, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-outNew Orleans map (included in print version), plus over 22 color neighborhood maps
- Covers Uptown, Riverbend, Mid-City, the Treme, CBD, Warehouse District, French Quarter, Garden District, Central City, Faubourg Marigny, Bywater, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Orleans, our most comprehensive guide to New Orleans, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USAguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.