product description page
Lonely Planet Northern California (Paperback) (John A. Vlahides & Sara Benson & Alison Bing & Celeste
about this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely PlanetNorthern Californiais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the culture of San Francisco, get up close and personal with the world's tallest trees, and sip your way through Napa Valley; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of northern California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetNorthern California Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, lifestyle, people, arts, architecture, wildlife, landscape, music, architecture, literature, visual arts, food, wine.
- More than 70maps
- Covers San Francisco, Marin Country & the Bay Area, Napa & Sonoma Wine Country, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park & the Sierra Nevada, the Central Coastand more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetNorthern California, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet's San Franciscoguide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; orPocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet'sCaliforniaguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, John A Vlahides, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Celeste Brash, Beth Kohn, Tienlon Ho
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find