product description page
Lonely Planet Provence & the Cote d'Azur (Paperback) (Alexis Averbuck & Oliver Berry & Nicola Williams)
about this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Provence & the Cote d'Azur is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Try local cheese and wine in hilltop villages overlooking lavender fields, relax on the beaches of St-Tropez, or try your luck in Monaco's famous casino; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Provence and the Cote d'Azur and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetProvence & the Cote d'Azur:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, cinema, architecture, literature, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over32 local maps
- Covers Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, the Camargue, Arles, Nice, Monaco, Menton, Cannes, St-Tropez, Toulon, Avignon, Hill Towns of the Luberon, Haute-Provence, Southern Alps, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetProvence & the Cote d'Azur, our most comprehensive guide to Provence and the Cote d'Azur, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's France for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer or Lonely Planet'sDiscover France, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Alexis Averbuck, Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.