product description page
Lonely Planet San Francisco (Paperback) (Alison Bing & John A. Viahides & Sara Benson & Ashley Harrell)
About this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet San Franciscois your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be impressed by the brilliance of the Golden Gate Bridge, swing down Balmy Alley for a slice of Mission life and witness some of its oldest murals, or immerse yourself in the fog and fabulousness of the city's hills on a cable-car ride; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's San Francisco Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, gay pride, cuisine, wine, visual arts, literature, music, architecture
- Free, convenient pull-outsheet-map city map (included in print version), plus over 30 color maps
- Covers Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, downtown, North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill, the Mission, the Castro, the Haight, Berkeley, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco, our most comprehensive guide to San Francisco, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of San Francisco? Check out Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Californiaguide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.