product description page
Lonely Planet Tasmania (Paperback) (Anthony Ham & Charles Rawlings-Way & Meg Worby)
About this item
#1 best-selling guide to Tasmania*
Lonely Planet Tasmania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the darkened underground galleries at MONA, learn about convict history at Port Arthur Historic Site, or hike spectacular Cradle Mountain; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tasmania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Tasmania:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, food, wine, wildlife, environment, politics.
- Free, convenient pull-outHobartmap (included in print version), plus over 44 maps
- Covers Hobart, Port Arthur, Bruny Island, Huonville, Derwent Valley, Maria Island, Freycinet National Park, Bay of Fires, Flinders Island, Launceston, Tamar Valley, Devonport, Strahan, Cradle Mountain and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetTasmania, our most comprehensive guide to Tasmania, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet'sAustralia for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Ham, Charles Rawlings-Way and Meg Worby.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 in the Favorite Travel Guide category.
*Best-selling guide to Tasmania. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA