product description page
Lonely Planet Turkey (Paperback) (James Bainbridge & Brett Atkinson & Steve Fallon & Jessica Lee &
about this item
Lonely Planet Turkey is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Bath in a hammam; explore chaotic and colourful bazaars; or hot air balloon over Cappadocia's honeycomb landscape; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Turkey and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetTurkey:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - culture/etiquette, language, religion, cuisine, sports, history, architecture, art, craft, literature, music, cinema, dance, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues
- Free, convenient pull-outTurkey map (included in print version), plus over 110 colour maps
- Covers Istanbul, Thrace, Marmara, Gallipoli Peninsula, Troy, Izmir, North Aegean, Ephesus, Bodrum, South Aegean, Ankara, Cappadocia, Black Sea Coast, Antalya, Eastern Mediterranean, Northeastern Anatolia and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetTurkey, our most comprehensive guide to Turkey, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times