About this item
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Washington, DC is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spend hours under the spell of the Smithsonian Institution's many museums, see the monuments and memorials lit up at night, or shop along historic Georgetown's cobbled lanes; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington, DC and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Washington, DC Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, politics, arts, media, architecture, sports, cuisine, entertainment, and more.
- Free, convenient pull-outWashington, DC map (included in print version), plus over 35 color neighborhood maps
- Covers National Mall, Foggy Bottom, the White House, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Downtown, Dupont Circle, Adams-Morgan, U Street, Columbia Heights, Southeast, Northeast, Northwest, Northern Virginia, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Washington, DC, our most comprehensive guide to Washington, DC is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Eastern USAguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.