product description page
macOS Programming for Absolute Beginners : Developing Apps Using Swift and Xcode (Paperback) (Wallace
About this item
Fully updated to cover the new MacBook Touch Bar! This book is your step-by-step guide to learning how to code for the iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and MacBook using Swift, Apple's hottest programming language. This book will not only teach complete programming novices how to write MacOS programs, but it can also help experienced programmers moving to the Macintosh for the first time. You will learn to understand the principles of programming, how to use Swift and Xcode, and how to combine your knowledge into writing MacOS programs.
If you've always wanted to learn coding but felt stymied by the limitation of simplistic programming languages or intimidated by professional but complicated programming languages, then you'll want to learn Swift. Swift is your gateway to both Macintosh and iOS app development while being powerful and easy to learn at the same time, and MacOS Programming with Swift for Absolute Beginners is the perfect place to start - add it to your library today.
What You'll Learn
• The basic principles of object-oriented programming without the complicated clutter of traditional programming language syntax
• How to use Xcode, the main programming tool used for both MacOS and iOS development
• What makes Swift unique and powerful as a programming language and why you should learn it
• How to create MacOS programs using Swift and Xcode
• User interfaces principles that follow Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and take advantage of the new Touch Bar
Who This Book Is For
For teaching novices programming and teaching experienced programmers from other environments how to use Xcode on the Mac. Since MacOS programming is far easier than iOS development, readers can master Swift and Xcode faster to gain more confidence. This book is perfect for people who want to learn programming for the first time and for programmers wanting to learn Xcode and the Mac for the first time.
Number of Pages: 647
Genre: Computers + Internet
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Wallace Wang
Street Date: March 2, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-43-7710