product description page
Mad or Bad? : A Critical Approach to Counselling and Forensic Psychology - (Hardcover)
About this item
Is an offender with mental health problems fully responsible for their offences? Should certain criminal behaviors be treated with incarceration and rehabilitation—or counseling and psychotherapy? Mad or Bad? asks these questions, and more. It is a cutting-edge text that provides a comprehensive introduction to mental health problems and criminal behavior, and considers the most common and effective therapeutic approaches for working with offenders and victims of crime.
- Part 1 explores the predominant tensions between forensic and therapeutic agendas;
- Part 2 considers how criminal and ‘insane’ identities and careers may be considered gendered, classed, culturally, and age-dependent experiences, and be related to power and oppression;
- Part 3 examines issues around sex and sexuality in forensic and therapeutic settings;
- Part 4 introduces a range of therapeutic approaches for working with offenders and victims of crime;
- Part 5 covers forensic and therapeutic practices, including programs for the prevention of both mental health issues and offending.
Number of Pages: 378
Publisher: Sage Pubns
Street Date: August 9, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-48-6359
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.