product description page
Making Artisan Pasta : How to Make a World of Handmade Noodles, Stuffed Pasta, Dumplings, and More
about this item
Learn how to use the best ingredients and simple, classic techniques to make fresh, homemade pasta in your own kitchen with Making Artisan Pasta. Calling for just the simplest ingredients and a handful of unique kitchen tools, making pasta at home has never been easier, more fun, or more delicious.
Inside, you'll find:
- Recipes for pasta doughs made completely from scratch, with such delicious ingredients as buckwheat and whole wheat flour, roasted red pepper, asparagus, and even squid ink and chocolate
- Fully illustrated step-by-step instructions for rolling, shaping, and stuffing dough for gnocchi, lasagna, cannelloni, pappardelle, tagliatelle, ravioli, and dozens of other styles of pasta
- Detailed instructions on how to make the ultimate in pasta: hand-stretched dough
- Chinese pot stickers, Polish pierogi, Turkish manti, and other delectable pastas from beyond its traditional Italian borders
- Artisan tips to help anyone, from novice to experienced, make unforgettable pasta
Through author and chef Aliza Green’s pasta expertise and encyclopedic knowledge of all things culinary, plus hundreds of gorgeous photos by acclaimed food photographer Steve Legato, you’ll never look at the supermarket pasta aisle the same way again.
Making Artisan Pasta is on Cooking Light's Top 100 Cookbooks of the Last 25 Years list for Best Technique and Equipment.
Homemade rules in the kitchen, and everyone from artisan bakers to canners and picklers know it. Culinary enthusiasts and hungry home cooks are exploring classic skills again, and making homemade, hand-shaped pasta is on the rise.160; 160;
With the simplest ingredients and easier-than-you-think instructions, Making Artisan Pasta teaches you how make your own linguine, ravioli, lasagna, and dozens of other styles of pasta and noodles by hand. The fully illustrated, step-by-step tutorials will walk you through the entire tasty process, from mixing dough, rolling, and shaping pasta through cooking, serving, and storing pasta for later.
Going way beyond noodles, though, this book includes tutorials on gnocchi, Chinese pot stickers, pierogi, and dozens of other world pastas.160;
Through author and chef Aliza Greenrsquo;s expertise and encyclopedia knowledge of all things culinary, plus hundreds of gorgeous photos by acclaimed food photographer Steve Legato, you will learn everything there is to know about making fresh, delicious pasta in your home kitchenhellip;.and yoursquo;ll never look at the supermarket pasta aisle the same way again.