About this item
Key features of the book include:
• Comprehensive coverage of Korean history.
• Expanded coverage of social and cultural affairs.
• A new chapter covering the end of the Choson Dynasty in the context of Japanese imperialist expansionism.
• Up-to-date analysis of important contemporary developments in both Koreas, including assessments of the Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un administrations and the North’s nuclear weapons program.
• Comparative focus on North and South Korea.
• An examination of Korea within its regional context.
• A detailed chronology and suggestions for further reading.
The Making of Modern Korea is a valuable one-volume resource for students of modern Korean history, international politics and Asian Studies.