product description page
Marketing Organization Development Consulting : A How-to Guide for OD Consultants (Hardcover) (William
About this item
Organizational Development (OD) consultants often face dilemmas when they market their services because there is a gap between clients’ expectation and the actual role of OD consultants. This book is about how to overcome that dilemma by finding effective marketing strategies for a different approach to consulting.
Marketing Organization Development: A How-To Guide for OD Consultants focuses on the challenges faced by internal and external consultants in marketing and selling their services. By distinguishing between performance consulting and Organization Development (OD) consulting, this book demonstrates why marketing and selling OD consulting services are unique. This book meets not only unique OD consultants’ needs by reflecting the philosophical background of OD and unique marketing challenges but the needs of Human Resource Development (HRD) managers’ need who are interested in promoting or selling their change interventions within their organizations.
This comprehensive book:
- Reviews important terms and popular tools used in the marketing process and outlines the many roles a consultant must fill to obtain and keep the business (i.e., marketer, salesperson, brand manager, account management) .Describes the criteria for self-evaluation as an OD consultant. It examines how to identify your strengths and the competencies you need to develop based on OD competencies.
- Provides an introduction to actionable steps and resources for organization development, change management, and performance management consultants to evaluate unmet needs and opportunities through a niche market for consulting services.
- Covers how to communicate value to your target customers and how to brand your service.
- Describes various channels of OD marketing such as viral, word of mouth, and social media marketing. .
- Reviews selling tactics for l your consulting service and discusses the importance of having a defined sales process to which you adhere.