product description page
Mccurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier Ebook on Intel Education Study Retail
about this item
Immerse yourself in every aspect of the veterinary field with McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 9th Edition, covering small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals. With a new zoonoses theme threaded throughout each chapter, this comprehensive text describes how each disease affects the host, how it is spread, and how it is treated. Case presentations provide you with relevant, real-life scenarios so you can practice your critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Introduction to the concept of the Technician Practice Model ensures that excellent nursing care is provided to each and every patient.
- Content on fluid therapy and transfusion medicine keeps you current and prepared for success in practice.
- Thorough coverage of electrocardiography included in the Emergency Nursing chapter to teach you how to interpret, and how to examine and differentiate, normal from abnormal and dangerous from non-dangerous.
- Case presentations provide you with real-life scenarios so you can practice your critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Large animal care integrated throughout the book with medical records, dentistry, physical examination, surgical instrumentation, surgical assistance, emergency care, and euthanasia, in addition to the individual large animal medical nursing chapter, to prepare you to care for large animals.
- A birds, reptiles, and small mammalschapter keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Comprehensive chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
- Vet Tech Threads emphasize important study points and ensure you understand the content introduced to you.
- Step-by-step instructions and photographs show you how to perform dozens of procedures, and make information readily accessible in emergency and clinical situations.
- Evolve site with TEACH instructor resources, an image collection, and a test bank accompanies the text, and provides instructors with everything they need to successfully teach each chapter and evaluate students' progress.
- NEW! Chapter on Oncology helps you develop knowledge in the growing field.
- NEW! Toxicology chapter ensures you have basic understanding of an important subject in animal health.
- NEW! A zoonoses theme is threaded throughout each chapter and emphasized appropriately to increase your understanding of how each disease affects the host, how it is spread, how it is treated, and the necessary safety precautions. It also provides you with the zoonosis information you need to pass the VTNE.