product description page
Medical-Surgical Nursing : Concepts & Practice (Study Guide) (Paperback) (R. N. Susan C. Dewit & R.N.
about this item
Take your studying to another level with this trusted medical-surgical nursing learning tool! TheStudy Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice, 3rd Edition reinforces your mastery of the terms and concepts from deWit's text and provides you with practice for the Boards. It includes updated exercises and creative activities that help you set priorities, apply the nursing process, and think critically - and a uniqueSteps Toward Better Communication section in each chapter that improves your communication and vocabulary skills.
- UNIQUE! Steps Toward Better Communication sections include a vocabulary-building glossary, completion tasks, pronunciation and grammar exercises, and communication exercises.
- UNIQUE! To the Student preface offers study hints for all students andadditional tips for students with limited English proficiency.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, which include alternate-item format questions, test your knowledge of chapter content while providing valuable practice for the Boards.
- Critical Thinking activities based on concepts in the textbook encourage you to apply what you have learned and draw conclusions.
- Setting Priorities questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance.
- Cultural Points explore how the health care field varies in different countries, and how culture affects healthcare in our own country, to give you a broader perspective of nursing care outside your own comfort zone.
- Clinical Situations applied to sample practice situations stimulate critical thinking and practical application of nursing concepts.
- Meeting Clinical Objectives activities help you meet stated clinical practice objectives of the corresponding chapter.
- Grammar Points exercises give you a refresher on common grammatical errors made in the nursing field.
- Word Attack Skills provide focused concentration on some of the more important or confusing terms in the curriculum.
- Review of structure and function of the human body refreshes you on content learned in previous classes and how it applies to this curriculum.
- Completion exercises with key terms reinforce nursing vocabulary.
- Short answer, identification, multiple choice, and matching questions use multiple formats to test your knowledge of concepts conveyed in the text.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions reinforce the different stages of the nursing process.
- Answer key for all activities and questions is provided to instructors to distribute to students at their discretion.
- NEW! Updated exercises reflect the most current textbook content.