product description page
Methods and Techniques for Fire Detection : Signal, Image and Video Processing Perspectives (Hardcover)
about this item
This book describes the signal, image and video processing methods and techniques for fire detection and provides a thorough and practical overview of this important subject, as a number of new methods are emerging.
This book will serve as a reference for signal processing and computer vision, focusing on fire detection. Applications covered in this book can easily be adapted to other domains, such as multi-modal object recognition in other safety and security problems, with scientific importance for fire detection, as well as video surveillance.
- Camera Based Techniques
- Multi-modal fire detection
- Pyro-Infrared Sensors for Flame Detection
- Large scale fire experiments
- (Wild) fire detection using social media
- The basics of signal, image and video processing based fire detection
- The latest fire detection methods and techniques using computer vision
- Non-conventional fire detectors: Fire detection using volumetric sensors
- Recent large-scale fire experiments and their results
- New and emerging technologies and areas for further research