product description page
Methods in Consumer Research : Alternative Approaches and Special Applications - Book 2 (Hardcover)
about this item
Methods for Consumer Research, Volume Two: Alternative Approaches and Special Applications brings together world leading experts in global consumer research who provide a fully comprehensive state-of-the-art coverage of emerging methodologies and their innovative application. The book puts consumer research in-context with coverage of immersive techniques and virtual reality, while also looking at health-related Issues in consumer science, including sections on food intake and satiation. Other sections delve into physiological measurements within the context of consumer research and how to design studies for specific populations.
In conjunction with the first volume, which covers new approaches to classical methodology, this book is an invaluable reference for academics working in the fields of in-sensory and consumer science, psychology, marketing and nutrition. With examples of the methodology being applied throughout, it serves as a practical guide to research and development managers in both food and non-food companies.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of new and emerging techniques in consumer science
- Provides examples of successful application of the methodologies presented throughout
- Identifies how to design research for special populations, including children, the elderly and low-income consumers
- Discusses sensitivity to cross-cultural populations and emerging markets
- Includes research design for food, cosmetic and household products
- Highlights both psychological and physiological consumer measurements