product description page
Mexican American Psychology : Social, Cultural, and Clinical Perspectives (Hardcover) (Mario A. Tovar)
About this item
Providing in-depth coverage of the Mexican American population from social, cultural, and psychological (clinical) perspectives, this book promotes the understanding of cultural practices and sociological characteristics of this important ethnic group.
• Addresses the characteristics of members of this large and growing group of Americans as distinct from the generalized ethnic group of "Latino Americans"
• Covers long-time U.S. residents and recent immigrants from Mexico as well as second and later generation Mexican Americans
• Provides extensive information about the Mexican American population from different perspectives that gives readers better insight and understanding about this important ethnic group
• Promotes cultural sensitivity when working with Mexican Americans in different settings
• Describes specific clinical strategies that can be effective when working with Mexican Americans