product description page
Michael LaFosse's Origami Airplanes : 28 Easy-to-Fold Paper Airplanes from America's Top Origami
About this item
Make the best paper airplanes around with this easy-to-follow origami book.Enthralled with origami from a young age, world renowned origami and paper crafter Michael LaFosse has used those skills to design and perfect paper airplanes for decades. InMichael Lafosse's Origami Airplanes, LaFosse presents 28 original paper origami models that incorporate innovative functional and aesthetic details like faceted flaps, ailerons, canards and spoilers that really work. The sense of proportion and balance, and an ingenious nose and fuselage locking system, define these signature models, which are instant classics. Readers accustomed to folding simple darts and wings will bet thrilled and challenged by the folding maneuvers in these pages.Michael Lafosse's Origami Airplanes comes with great value—included are:
- 28 fun-to-do projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Expert tips on techniques and folds
- Easy-to-follow DVD video tutorial
- How to select and prepare the best folding paper for each plane.
- How to balance aesthetics, performance and fun when designing your own planes.
- Helpful tips on control surfaces, and how to manipulate them for the best flights.
- Tips on launching different types of planes to get the best possible glide.
- A discussion of aerodynamics and how it relates to paper airplane performance.
- Lock Nose Dart
- Flying Fox
- Shuttle Dart
- F-102 Delta Jet
- Nifty Fifty
- And many more…
Number of Pages: 95
Genre: Crafts + Hobbies
Sub-Genre: Origami, Toymaking, Papercrafts
Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Author: Michael G. LaFosse & Richard L. Alexander
Street Date: March 29, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-11-9598
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.