product description page
Mindful Relationships : Creating Genuine Connection With Ourselves and Others (Paperback) (Richard
About this item
We are now experiencing what is being called 'the mindfulness revolution', as increasingly people become aware of the benefits of mindfulness in all aspects of daily life. This book focuses on individuals, couples, families, groups and businesses to provide a practical guide for using mindfulness to enrich relationships and more effectively manage the stresses associated with dispute resolution and conflict.
The authors clearly and engagingly explore how we can use mindfulness to:
- develop a more compassionate, friendly relationship with ourselves and others
- increase awareness of our own and others' relational patterns
- calm and soothe our emotions and be there for others
- communicate more effectively
- enhance connection and empathy
- reduce defensive patterns, allowing for more authenticity, and
- work effectively within families and larger systems such as workplaces.
Case studies are included throughout to highlight key principles, as well as practical exercises to enable the reader to develop their mindfulness skills.