product description page
Minecraft in the Classroom : Ideas, inspiration, and student projects for teachers (Paperback)
about this item
Learn how educators are using Minecraft® as a powerful instructional tool to engage students and teach subjects as varied as math and humanities.This book offers ten classroom projects from teachers using Minecraft® to teach math, science, languages, and more. Each project includes learning objectives, project organization and tasks, and ideas for reflection and assessments.You’ll also find detailed instructions for setting up and running a Minecraft® server in the classroom, both the regular and the popular MinecraftEdu versions.In this book, you’ll discover
- What Minecraft® is and why it’s such an engaging tool for the classroom.
- How to set up and administer servers that students use for their projects.
- What MinecraftEdu is, how to set up and manage it, and how to use its teacher controls.
- Techniques for using the game in special-education settings.
- Step-by-step instructions for printing 3D models of your classroom projects.
- Ways to use the game in a variety of different subject areas.
Number of Pages: 276.0
Genre: Education, Games
Sub-Genre: Video + Electronic, Computers + Technology
Publisher: Pearson P T R
Street Date: October 24, 2014
Item Number (DPCI): 247-25-8968