product description page
Minecraft Modding With Forge : A Family-Friendly Guide to Building Fun Mods in Java (Paperback) (Arun
about this item
Playing Minecraft is a lot of fun, but the game is more engaging, entertaining, and educational when kids learn how to build mods—small programs that let them modify game elements and add content. This family-friendly guide teaches kids and parents how to create mods of different types, using the Minecraft Forge modding tool. No programming experience is needed.
You’ll not only build some amazing mods with the book’s easy-to-follow instructions, but you’ll also learn how to work with Java, the same programming language that Minecraft uses. Why wait? Get started with computer programming and be more creative with Minecraft while you’re at it!
This book will help you:
- Learn the fundamentals of Minecraft Forge and other tools, such as Eclipse
- Start out by building and testing a simple chat message mod
- Build cool mods that make things explode on contact, and help entities jump higher and climb walls
- Introduce new Minecraft content, including commands, blocks, items, and recipes and textures
- Work with Java fundamentals such as classes, methods, annotations, control structures, and arrays
- Learn techniques for creating your own mods
This guide is based on workshops the authors deliver to kids around the world.
Based on author Arun Gupta?s experience with delivering workshops for kids around the world, this family-friendly guide shows Minecraft enthusiasts how to create amazing game mods with little fuss. You?ll be able to build the mods explained in this book and learn techniques to create your own mods.
Once you download, install, and learn about the tools you need to create mods, you?ll start by building a simple mod that displays a chat message when you break a block. You?ll then learn how to create new items, blocks, commands, and achievements, along with less complicated but fun mods like exploding minecarts, pigs dropping diamonds, and a lot more.
Since Minecraft Forge and the game itself are based on Java, you?ll also learn basic programming concepts and fundamentals. Everything is explained in simple language that's easy to understand.