Book Synopsis Soak up the sun, dance till dawn, hike through wild forests, or explore Greek history: Escape to the Mediterranean with Moon Greek Islands & Athens.
With Moon's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of Athens and the Greek islands.
- Choose the right islands for you, with strategic itineraries for different timelines, budgets, and activities, whether you want to lounge on the best beaches, linger in ancient villages, explore the outdoors, or island-hop for a little taste of everything
- Focused coverage of Athens and 18 Greek islands, including Santorini, Mykonos, Karpathos, Corfu, Lefkada, and more
- Unique experiences and must-see highlights: Marvel at Oia's picturesque blue and white architecture or take a boat to the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. Soak in therapeutic hot springs, hike through lush forests to waterfalls in Samothrace, or hop aboard a boat and discover hidden coves and wild beaches. Learn about local folklore in Olympos, explore Athens' contemporary galleries and ancient ruins, and savor authentic Greek cuisine, from roasted lamb and olives to dakos and fiery shots of ouzo
- Insight from Athens local Sarah Souli on how to experience Greece like an insider, support local businesses, and avoid over-tourism
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of Greece and each individual island
- Handy tools and practical necessities like advice on getting there and getting around, and tips for solo women travelers, seniors, visitors with disabilities, LGBTQ+ travelers, and families with kids
- In-depth coverage of: Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Folegandros, Milos, Naxos, Anafi, Karpathos, Rhodes, Kalymnos, Samothrace, Ikaria, Lesvos, Alonnisos, Skyros, Corfu, Zakynthos, Lefkada, and Crete
Exploring more of Europe? Check out Moon Rome, Florence & Venice
, Moon Prague, Vienna, & Budapest
, or Moon French Riviera
About the Author Sarah Souli
is an Athens-based journalist covering all things Greek for outlets like Vice, The Guardian, Condé Nast Traveler, Roads & Kingdoms,
and more. She's been traveling to Greece for years, eventually settling in Athens several years ago with her Greek husband. Through her writing and travels, she's formed an intimate relationship with Greece's people, language, and customs, and loves seeking out the hidden gems of the Greek islands. She studied Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania, speaks French, Spanish, Arabic, and Greek, and never tires of inspiring wanderlust and learning new things about her adopted home country.